Recycling Resources: Shoes and Clothes
Most of us have more shoes and clothes than we know what to do with. Even if you are a minimalist when it comes to fashion, often you have things that don’t fit or you simply no longer wear. Let’s take some time to declutter our closets and drawers and find things that others might need or simply enjoy more!
Here are some great places to donate your gently used shoes and clothes.
National Charities or Donation Ideas:
- Dress for Success – Business attire.
- Cinderella Project – Gowns and formal attire.
- Donate My Dress
- Operation Deploy Your Dress – Helps provide formal attire to family members of those serving in the armed forces.
- Operation Prom – Make sure every high school student has access to formal attire for dances and functions.
- Once Upon a Child
- Salvation Army
- American Red Cross
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- Soles4Souls and Clothes4Souls
- The Arc – Assists people with physical and developmental disabilities
Some Companies that offer shoe/clothes recycling programs:
H & M
- Council for Textile Recycling
- World Wear Project
Local Charities or Donation Ideas:
- Crisis Centers
- Swap with Friends 🙂
- Social Media
- Community Outreach Centers
- Local Thrift Stores
- Local Families in Need