There are so many different things you can get for someone who is graduating. Whether it be from High School, College, Graduate School, Trade School etc. – they are entering a new phase of life.
Consider what you know about the individual………
What are they doing next? What have they just accomplished? Think practical if you wish or think fun…. Regardless, the fact that you thought of that person will be appreciated.
Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Food Gift Cards – But be careful because some chains that are part of campus dining at Universities don’t take gift cards at those locations.
- Gift Certificates for certain services – haircut, manicure, massage, Uber etc.
- Experiences – cooking lessons, day trips, photography lessons, art lessons, windsurfing lessons etc.
- Shows – tickets to concerts, plays, musicals, lectures (this may have to wait for next year – but the gift can still be given 🙂
- Amazon Gift Cards
- Gaming Gift Cards
- Bedding for the next phase of their life (dorm, house, or apartment)
- Kitchen supplies if needed
- Gas Gift Cards – Find out what gas station is near their new place or university.
- Car wash gift cards
- Key Chains or Lanyards
- Books – one or two (no more!) that were most impactful to you or fit that child best.
- Office/School supply gift basket
- Laundry supply gift basket
- Favorite make-up or toiletry gift basket
- Target, WalMart, Meijer Gift Cards
- Gift Card for Spotify or another music service
- Gift Card for a streaming service (Amazon, Netflix, Appletv, Peacock, HBO, Hulu etc.)
- Snack Food Gift Basket (microwave popcorn, mac n cheese, granola bars, chips, cookies, candy 🙂
- Spirit wear from their college
- T-shirt blanket of all high school memory t-shirts
- Plant for their dorm or apartment
- Cleaning supply gift basket
- Exercise class gift cards or gym membership
- Sam’s Club or Costco Membership
- Hello Fresh or Blue Apron or other meal service gift card
- Tool Kit
- Travel Mugs or Water Bottles
- Something that reflects their new career (i.e. nurse or teacher mug etc.)
- Something they need for their new career (scrubs, teaching supplies, tool set)
- Gift card for a new suit or dress outfit – for interviews, internships, new job.