The action of marking one’s pleasure at an important event or occasion by engaging in enjoyable, typically social, activity. So first thing when celebrating someone is to think about what that person enjoys.
Traditionally when someone says celebrate – we think a party. We think a meal. We think people gathering together to let someone know they care and are proud of them.
During this pandemic season we have had to redefine what it means to celebrate someone. It has been fun to see what people have done to celebrate the graduates of 2020 and those experiencing other milestones.
Here are some ideas to get you started……
- Surprise Graduation Card Party (email, text or call and ask people to participate or make Facebook Event etc.)
- Send Graduation, Event Announcements by mail
- Drive by parades
- Yard signs
- Deliver a special meal
- Photo montage
- Slideshow of life
- Zoom Party (Can invite special people and share the screen to show slideshow etc.)
- Order cookie bouquet
- Flower bouquet
- Adopt a Senior – Facebook Group where seniors from the given school are “shared” and then adopted – The person who “adopts” the senior gives a gift to encourage and celebrate the graduate.
- Virtual Award’s Nights
- Virtual Graduation – Featuring Picture and Info on each Graduate
- Photo session of graduate in their cap and gown with family and alone
- Create a “Through the Years” scavenger hunt