JB Organizing: Recycling Resources.
Cell Phone Recycling
You do NOT want your old cell phones to end up in a landfill. They can leak harmful chemicals into the environment and never disappear!! Instead here are some options for disposing of your old cell phones; many of which help others in the process!
First, get rid of your private data – wipe the slate clean! Here’s a great article on how to clear your devices of data before recycling them.
Here are some options for recycling your old devices:
- Apple Recycling Program – https://www.apple.com/shop/trade-in
- Samsung Recycling Program
- LG Recycling Program – http://www.lgrecyclingprogram.com/
- HTC Recycling Program – http://www.freeurecycle.com/
- Find a Retail Store – i.e. Best Buy, Staples, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T
- Donate It to Charity
Recycling for Charities – http://www.recyclingforcharities.com/index.php
Phones for Charity – http://www.phones4charity.org/page/recycling
Shelter Alliance – http://www.phones4charity.org/page/recycling
Hope Phones – http://medicmobile.org/phone-donations
Cell Phones for Soldiers – https://www.cellphonesforsoldiers.com/
For State Specific Options – http://www.ecyclingcentral.com/